Ten inches of snow outside? Ice that makes it tough to even shuffle along? Is “Slow!” the main command you’re using?
If you live in a place where winter weather takes itself seriously, like I do, you may be in for cabin fever. And, your dog may be, too.
The solution – play, play, play inside!
- Get those toys out.
- Grab the Kong that is so good at hiding treats (or peanut butter).
- Teach your dog new tricks.
- Roll that big ball from the dollar store (you may have to retrieve it yourself but we need exercise, too, eh?).
- Massage your canine love
- Use Acupressure on points where it benefits your pup’s issues
- Pay attention to your pup a bit more than usual
And wear excellent snow boots or snow cleats to get her out in that weather. Like these –
Most of all, watch those treats and her amount of food. Humans aren’t the only ones who can get that winter chubbiness.